water in boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in boot

just had a tow bar fitted and when we lifted the boot carpet the off side rear corner was wet, had a look under the wheel arch no signs of anything, checked the off side rear window seals and all looks ok, did notice the rear window seal inside wasnt fitted all the way down correctly but looking at the car with the window up and everything shut carnt for the life of me think how water has got in that way. any ideas or has anyone had a similar prob any advise woiuld be ace as i want a beast of a car not an fish tank...
    if a politition is talking its lying

Originally posted by firefly
    just had a tow bar fitted and when we lifted the boot carpet the off side rear corner was wet, had a look under the wheel arch no signs of anything, checked the off side rear window seals and all looks ok, did notice the rear window seal inside wasnt fitted all the way down correctly but looking at the car with the window up and everything shut carnt for the life of me think how water has got in that way. any ideas or has anyone had a similar prob any advise woiuld be ace as i want a beast of a car not an fish tank...
    Check rear light cluster also check rubber seal around the rear tail gate is in place, especially the lower part of the seal.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

wilko...

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
        It could be the cable entry plate which is under the tail gate trim. this is the likely cable entry point for the tow bar electrics. if it not sealed it can allow road spray in.
        ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

also, try sticking a bit of sealant in the holes where the body mount bolts are... mine were full of mud when i checked them.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

cheers the cable entry poin he used was on the opposite side so thats a no no, will check the body mounts tonite when i have a spare bit of time at work..., i think koi may have it though the seal at the BOTTOM ot the tail gate is loose in the right hand corner where the water was so gunna stick that on with silicone and see if these things do the trick
            Dave.

Comment

Working...
            X