And so the story continues.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so the story continues.....

Ok so nearly all my new bits have arrived, gaskets, filters, cambelt and tensioner etc just need me turbo back from turbo technics. All it needed was seals bearings and balance so £195 + vat made me smile as it will be good as new.
    Started doing as much as i can and thought i would check me exhaust manifold as it was blowing on number 4 and lo and behold its warped, badly. Ruler rocks all over the place.
    I know a man who can re machine the faces but have read that this can cause cracking. Anyone know if this is right as don't want to do all the work and then bosh its bust again.....
    Can't believe who ever put this back together after its new head didn't check this themselves. Could have been real bad all those fumes leaking straight back into the cab......

Paul1566

If it is a no no then anyone got a spare going cheap ?
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

you could do a few things,either machine the manifold,fit two manifold gaskets one on top of another or get a second hand manifold.oh and diesel fumes arnt that dangerous,have you ever heard of people trying to gas themselves in a diesel car,it dont work,you just look a plonker coming in with a black face after a failed suicide attempt.
    Last edited by surfenstein; 11 January 2009, 20:25.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Well she's all back together and runs fine. Got a few odd noises but could be fan belts. Was a very challenging job working out in wich order to put her back together so as not to need to take it apart just to do up one nut......
      Need to get under bonnet and give her a good clean, get rid of all the spillage residue from when she got over heated. took her in for a shampoo and steam on the interior and boy did she need it, they showed me the collection tank on the shampoo machine after second go round and the stuff in it was putrid. All the carpets and seats are nice and spangly now.....
      The 4wd button rattles on the shifter and has a rubber band round it at the moment and she needs a radio so thats me to do list this weekend.....
      Oh and paint me towbar as now she is all shiny the rust stands out like a penguin in the jungle.....
      Going for a ride tomorrow to take some arty farty pictures while she looks good...

Paul1566
      Remember arrows are silent.....................
      Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
      X