Body lift or Suspensionlift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body lift or Suspensionlift?

Right seen as my surf hasn't sold and the wife hasn't passed her test I'm thinking of raising the body.
    My question that has probley been asked many times before is......

How easy/hard is a 2" body lift and what would I need? or would it be easier just go for a Suspension lift?

Cheers for any links or info

Bodylift, a couple of hours. Suspension lift depends on how high really.

Comment

Small sus lift (2" or so) takes about the same time as the bodylift, and costs about the same if you dont change your shocks.

Sus lift is more useful really, but bodylift will give you 'the look'
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

This is interesting, how do you do the body lift?
        I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

Originally posted by rambling angler View Post
          This is interesting, how do you do the body lift?
          http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/bodylift.htm

Comment

Nice 1 in this "how 2" it mentions extending the gear shift does this only need doing on a Manual gear shift and not on an Auto?

Comment

Originally posted by madads View Post
              Nice 1 in this "how 2" it mentions extending the gear shift does this only need doing on a Manual gear shift and not on an Auto?

No need to adjust the gear lever on an auto, but the transfer lever opening in the floor may/may not want filing for clearance.
              Where the steering column goes through ther floor there is a chance it will rub but nothing a couple of rubs of a round file won't sort.

Comment

So will all the brake pipes and pedals be ok & not need attention? sorry to be a pain just want to make sure I have all the facts before I start

Comment

all that lot will be fine on a 2" bodylift
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Nice 1, cheers Richard.

Comment

when you go to raise the body you will need to undo the fuel filler pipe so it adjust itself and don't stretch.
                      Undo the the 3 couplings on the steering column 2 under the bonnet and 1 under the dash so that can self adjust.i can't think of anything else at the mo but if i do i'll post up unless someone else does
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Would these do the job? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POLYURETHANE-B...3286.m63.l1177

or is there somewhere in the UK I can get some?

Comment

yes they will do the job, but on top of that you will need differant length bolts and 2 rad brackets(maybe) and bumper brakets

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                            yes they will do the job, but on top of that you will need differant length bolts and 2 rad brackets(maybe) and bumper brakets
                            Brackets and bolts aren't a problem as I'm a welder and bolts are readily available at work Cheers for the info

Comment

Originally posted by madads View Post
                              Brackets and bolts aren't a problem as I'm a welder and bolts are readily available at work Cheers for the info
                              glad to help mate

Comment

Working...
                              X