Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by europa88 View Post
    I do Matt!

Had a Mocal wax stat in for a couple of months now and it works well.
    Christ, I'll have to go for a lie down. Someone has listened to something I've said. Top decision. It really will pay dividends. Good to hear it keeps everything spot bollock.

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
    I personally dont like alli rads, I believe with all the different metals in the system alli being the softest it can become the sacrificial metal if electrolosis were to occur, a non zink brass would be far superior
    I'll second that. Some car manufacturers did have problems with aluminium rads initially, due to pretty much exactly what you describe above. The existing grounding on the rads was poor, and hence the rads lasted only several weeks/months. They have to be grounded with a vengeance, apparently. Plus, the thermal transfer abilities of copper are nigh on double that of aluminium, according to some specs I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
      Sounds like you could do the opersite of what I did, if you got a good top tank (the known weak spot) and you are going to have a new core anyway, why not have a new bottom tank made upand re core the rest....at least you know what you got then!
      I personally dont like alli rads, I believe with all the different metals in the system alli being the softest it can become the sacrificial metal if electrolosis were to occur, a non zink brass would be far superior
      Trouble is iv'e lost faith in this rad, It had a new 4 row core about 4years ago and since then its been out to be resoldered every year to date and sometimes more than once a year! BTW I also moved the coolant outlet spigot to the other side of the transoil spigot so it didn't impede the oil cooler.

It made absolutely no difference at all !

As Matt said the thermostat has a smaller opening than the restriction by the coolant outlet.
      Attached Files
      www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
        Very few motor manufacturers will recommend using fish as heat exchangers

Bogus
        Am I carping on again?
        www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Someone did mention using a non-zinc Bass...
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X