Revs / speed related vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    i greased up today and there is no play. just a tiny bit of play can make a horrific vibration.
    This thread's just getting more amusing by the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Tyres are near brand new BFG ATs gra. 'spose I could stuff the UJs full of grease and see if that damps it down. That will tell me if I have one of them stuffed.
      How new are the tyres?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
        How new are the tyres?
        About 500-600 miles.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I know it's unlikely, judging by your description, but there's the possibility it could be a faulty tyre, or one has thrown a weight.

Comment

I got under and gave the prop a good tug. Only a small amount of play so I doubt that. Not the fronts cos they aint turning (got manual hubs)
            When mine was knackered it also did not indicate any play when tugged but fell apart as soon as I went to change it.
            Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              I know it's unlikely, judging by your description, but there's the possibility it could be a faulty tyre, or one has thrown a weight.
              Weights all present and correct. They leave a clean area when they come off.

Comment

Have you checked side walls for any bulges Andy.

Had this happen on a 4 month old tyre on my old pickup, turned out outer skin had seperated on the inner wall and wasn't obvious until i took wheel off.

Comment

Just got a colleague to blip the throttle while I watched engine mounts. The passenger side one wasn't sitting in the middle of the bush (?) like the drivers one is, and when he blipped the throttle, it moved about what I would call excessively. Looks like thats it.

Rich, can I have engine mounts off your 3.0 please? As soon as you can get to it so I can sort it next weekend? Let me know price.

<edit> Rich - ignore please. They're cheap as chips from Milner. Save you getting your hands dirty
                  Last edited by Apache; 22 September 2008, 11:27.

Comment

as in the pm Andy the mounts are already off as of yesterday when the engine was taken out.If you want them still let me know and i'll post them off tomoz for you.£7.50 each posted
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hmm might check mine then as I have one too.

By the way - off topic I know but can't find your thread - where did you relocate your front indicators.
                      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                        £7.50 each posted

In work with not much access to t'internet so ordered from Milner at lunchtime, for CONSIDERABLY more than £7.50 posted. DOHHH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                          Hmm might check mine then as I have one too.

By the way - off topic I know but can't find your thread - where did you relocate your front indicators.
                          To the sidelights. I have a couple of cheap sidelights to go on the bumper - which sort of defeats the object...

Comment

To the sidelights. I have a couple of cheap sidelights to go on the bumper - which sort of defeats the object...
                            does a bit eh. Cheers.
                            How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Working...
                            X