Problem squeaking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem squeaking.

Hi all i have taken the surf into a garage to have a new set of milner back springs on but now i am left with a squeak. When i turn the steering wheel while i'm going along it screeches, sounds like it is is coming from the left hand side. The left hand spring is not quite in its shoe , by about half inch i don;t know if this is something to do with it. The bloke at the garage said it should not be that as it does not move. It is going back in tomorrow .
    I have greased everything i can see.

Ok after being told by the mechanic it was the brakes that needed changing and he was going to charge me £100. I said i would do it my self, only to find out it is not the brakes but it is coming from what i can tell the new back springs. Does any one know if it would be down to the spring being slightly off its seating position?

Comment

i wouldnt of thought so.check the rear anti roll bar,make sure all the brackets are tight and the rubbers arnt worn.also look for any broken brackets on the axle.thats more than likely where the squeek is coming from.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Found the cause of it today. The cheeky mechanic had dented the cover on the back wheel hub, so it rubbed.

Comment

Working...
        X