Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise on Speedo warning lights?

Afternoon all,

Does anybody know why my speedo does not have a turbo light on it and just a engine light.

The speedo has stopped working and I am looking to replace the complete speedo, but all the ones I have looked at have a engine warning light and a turbo light. Where as mine on has the engine warning light and no turbo.

Would they still be ok to swap?

You must have a 3.0 Surf which has no turbo light . The 2.4 speedo has a turbo light . The dash you will need will be for a 3.0 Surf . Try Stormforce as he maybe breaking a 3.0 Surf.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

OK, so far I have swapped out the speedo, cleaned all the electric connectors in to the gearbox and taken out the speed convertor at the back of the speedo and resoldered the joins and the speedo is still not working. All other dials work fine, except the speed and the mileage going up.

Please can somebody confirm if there is only one thing left to change and thats the speed sensor in the gear box? (except the wiring, between the two)

Are there any tests to confirm this using the onboard diag, or testing with a multimeter?

I have also hear on another thread that there are 2 sensors on the gearbox, is this correct for a 1993 3.0TD, as I have been told that there is only one?

And does anybody have a picture to confirm I am looking at the correct connection in to the gear box?

Sorry, so many questions, but this is the last bit to finish?

Comment

Speedo issues and now running out of ideas?

I have now checked all the forums and made all the previous recommendations, but the speedo is still not working and all other gauges are ok.

So far I have Changed speedo clock, replaced speed sensor, checked and cleaned all wiring connections on to the gearbox, removed converstion box at the back of the speedo and reconnectd up to original connection by resoldering. I have also tried to use the diagnostic connection to what the flashing points to and nothing happened.

Really need advise now on what to check next. I believe the next step would be to check for broken wires and check the wires from end to end, but dont know where these connects are once they leave the gear box and arrive at the speedo.

Is there a wiring diagram that woud show the connection for this and their location?

I do love the Surf, but this is starting to drive me made.

Comment

Working...
        X