yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

running out of ideas for my rev problem now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running out of ideas for my rev problem now.

ok,

Just to recap, smurf plays up after about 7 miles of driving. If the revs are sitting around 2000 rpm when driving they will drop down and bounce up again pretty much constantly. At first I thought it might just be a side effect of the knackered alternator and grubby earth straps. So I changed them yesterday. Still did it. Waded through all the old threads on here in an attempt to find other people with the same problem (and to avoid noob questions) and came to the conclusion that it could be the fuel filter. Just changed that and gave it a flippin good run and it still does the same thing. I am stumped now. Is there something really obvious that I am missing? I think I hear a relay clicking at times when it does it if that is any help.
    Yippee-Kay-Ay, Melon Farmer.

Does it do it as soon as you start the engine or only after driving?

Comment

Obviously not that much of a problem then, where have you gone?

Comment

Sorry, was eating. It does sometimes do it straight away but most time it does it after about 7 miles or 15 mins (ish) of driving.

Comment

Oh yeah, It also depends on how warm it is outside. I know it sounds odd but on hotter days it does it quicker.

Comment

There's either a vacuum leak on or around the inlet manifold, (i.e. rubber connectors/gaskets) or the cold start relay/or associated components (i.e. sensors/small vac pipes) is/are knackered/disconnected.

Comment

ahhh, *strokes beard and thinks*

Easily sortable?! worth checking relay first as I tend it hear that relay clicky noise quite abit. Is it one of the ones in the engine bay? Will have a look thru the threads too as I hate asking dumb questions!

Comment

Working...
              X