gearbox removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox removal

can some one help i am trying to find a link on how to easily remove gearbox and replace clutch. ie tork settings on clutch and anything i should now before making a mistake

Clutch and Flywheel Replacement

Hi,

I recently had to work on the clutch of my KZN185 Surf with the 1KZT-E engine and manual trans.

The torque values for the bell housing bolts are 82 in-lb

The flywheel bolts are 131 ft-lb.

The flywheel on my truck was considered HD and had springs inside to act as the drive damper. The clutch disc had no springs. The springs within the flywheel failed, causing drive train failure.

I took the flywheel to a shop and had the two parts fastened via 6 - 10mm socket head cap screws evenly spaced around the perimeter and avoiding the 5 rivets which hold the unit together. I replaced the clutch disc with a conventional disc and reused the pressure plate and throwout bearing because the ones which came with the kit were 8mm deeper.

FYI, the standard flywheel for this engine is 10mm thinner, and apparently can be used with the pressure plate and throwout bearing from the kit.

INDY

Comment

Cheers Mate
      Going To Have A Bash This Afternoon If A Can Get A Tall Enough Jack Been Waiting For 1 To Come All Week.

Had A Look At It Seems Simple To Do. This Is My Plan In This Order.

Take Gear Levers And All Drive Shafts Off.
      Remove Bolts On Bell Housing.
      Remove Gearbox Mount.
      Remove Support Bar For Mount.
      Box Held Up With Jack And Rope Through Gear Lever Hole.
      Remove Box Replace Clutch Then Go In Reverse.

Is That Right Or Am I Gonna Give Me Self An Headache

Comment

Use a Jack

Use a Jack.

Comment

Working...
        X