yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Story of KZN 185 Engine replace or sell as is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story of KZN 185 Engine replace or sell as is?

Well what a month I've had.

Started, white smoke = cracked head,
    so brand new head, bubbles in cooling water, pushing water out of the expansion tank.

New head removed found blown head gasket, head gasket changed.

Still same problem, garage trys to clear any air from system, still no good.

Head off again and replaced with another new one, block also checked, still the same problem, has new thermostat rad cap and water pump.

Then to top it all off developes a terminal rattle in the lower nearside of the engine!!!!

So back to the garage who say they can not confidently diagnose the fault and recommend I take it to the main Toyota dealer.

So I tow it to the dealer who after stripping tell me that the balance shaft is broken and I would need a short engine £4650.00 fitted.

Of course I will not be spending over 4K on a new engine, but what do you think I should do now?

Sell it as is, 1996 KZN185 SSR G in otherwise very good condition, how much do you think it's worth?

Try to find a second hand engine pay for the change and hope it is ok?

There is a company on ebay selling imported engines with 6mths warranty for £950.00, anybody ever used them? Iezura?

Many thanks,
    Mark.

If you can find an engine at a reasonable price then i would do that.The truck won't be worth buggar all with the engine knackered.
    Do you know anyone that will fit another engine for you on the cheap to save a few £££'s rather than a garage.
    I've done a 2nd gen engine but i ain't got a clue on the 3rd gens as i have never looked at one.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I would get another engine- 10ish hours work to change. Would also take head off new engine first to make sure it is a good one.

Comment

Yes the hunting will begin.
        Cheers,
        Mark.

Comment

Mark if your wanting a hand i have a hoist here.i can only help at a weekend.Or if your able to get the truck to Camborne it can be left here to work on if you want to after i speak to the boss that is...lol
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
          X