Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate window not working

hi there

i know this has been covered many times but before i waste money at the scrappys i would appreciate some advice. i have stripped the tailgate as per other topics and taken the 3 bolts off where the motor attaches. how do i know if its the motor thats knackered cos there seems to be power still left in the motor however, i hear an alarm noise when trying to power the window up either by using the key or button. the motor doesnt seem to move up because of this alarm and even when i pull window up so that i can press button or use key the window doesnt move down even though the motor is running. ive heard people talk about the relay etc... could it be this and is it easy to access, replace or fix? if some1 could post links to other pages etc... ive read many posts but im still stumped.

kind regards Mr Angrt Grrrrrrrrrr

if you can here the motor running it could be either,
    the motor cog has snapped on its shaft,
    or the window regulater has got a tooth missing,
    you wont know which it is until you take the motor out,
    usualy the cog snaps,
    i sell loads of these motors on ebay for £45 including the recorded postage,
    if its the regulater i do have one £35 including postage,
    01752 256304

Comment

hi lee

just a quick reply on helping me out today! everything you said about motor was correct. however, i did buy another motor locally and although more expensive than you quoted me i need it fixed asap for MOT. it cost me £50 and it was a 3rd gen motor which im told is better than the 2nd gen motors as it uses a different metal on the main cog! again thanks for your time, effort and knowledge. i will say this what a bugger fitting a 3rd gen motor, since it faces the opposite way and fits with the same hole spaces you cant see the other hole spaces and need a thin hand and allot of patience. if any1 else tackles this its probably better to take the full regulator out or face scraped & cut hands when using an 8mm spanner!

Quick note if any1 is looking for a set of 5 original alloys for surf please email me or reply to this post tyres are BFGoodrich 31 x 10.5 x 15 = 3 with half decent tread with other 2 needing replaced! i dont know if im breaking rules here so if i am please let me know and i will amend post

no doubt i will be bugging your brain for further surf problems.......Now onto the brake pads then the inner/outer track rod ends!

kind regards Mr Angry Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Comment

Working...
      X