Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lookin for the thermostat

Hi Yall

Gotta by a new blinking rad, cap and termostat..just one question..where is the thermostat hiding(coming from a previous 2.4 owner) also have heard it may be a pig to get at(forum posts tell me this much)
    Had a day of it today..truck got hot..bad day at work..very tired.

Thanx ever so much

My search button hates me!!

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/wor...thermostat.htm

Comment

think thats on a 2.4, me got 3.0

Thanks for looking out and about tho!

Comment

Look for a big fat pipe going into the driver's side of the engine, near the headers if memory serves me right.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Red Harry, the thermo housing is a long one attached to the bottom hose and to remove it you need to do the following: Remove the big air intake hose that goes down to your turbo. Now you will see the thermo housing easily. Drain the radiator and remove the bottom hose. Remove the bolt that attaches two metal pipelines to the thermo housing at the lower end, then the lower housing attachment bolt (10mm head). Next, remove the top two attachment bolts (10mm heads) and pull it off. Remove the thermostat, but be careful not to damage the 'O' ring that surrounds it. Preferably buy a new one, if one didn't come with the thermostat. I would advise buying a genuine Toyota thermostat. Also, the Toyota long-life coolant is expensive, but is about the best you can get. If you buy an alternative, get one that has at least 50% glycol content.

Comment

Thanx everyone..knew u wouldnt let me down!

Comment

Working...
            X