Cooling water loss (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling water loss (again)

Searching the forum, it seems that coolant loss is a common problem? Tony replaced the head gasket a year ago following copious clouds of steam (KZN130) & it's been OK ever since. (Drove to Spain last July & been OK there ever since). The last few weeks have seen coolant loss, with large gas bubbles in the coolant (cap off). There are no other symptoms - temperature gauge is normal. I've read about "burping", but if there were air in the coolant, wouldn't it have shown up earlier? Instinct says "head gasket", but hope suggests ask for comments first. Anyone fancy a few days in Spain FOC to change the gasket (bring a toolkit)?

Water loss

I have just had the same thing. Temp stays absolutely normal until most of the water has been jetisoned via the expansion tank. Fitted a new rad. cap in the hope that that it was the spring. It was not! Day before yesterday, it started chucking the water out through expansion tank. Straight to the garage, head off, and they tell me they can see seven cracks. Some cracks quite old, others newer.
    It might be worth having a head shipped over ?

Comment

Working...
    X