anyone from horsham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone from horsham?

i keep seeing really nice gen 3 surfs in horsham, one silver, and one blue over silver. just wondered if they were anyone from the forum?

CURLY

hi curly

yes i m from horsham the blue one!!!!!!!!!

Comment

im from down 't road,
      have any of you been over to the lanes in dorking?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

lanes in dorking

no i haven t !! any good?????

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          im from down 't road,
          have any of you been over to the lanes in dorking?
          for the love of god show me!! ive been trying to find them on my own but to no avail. went down Cold Harbour Lane down a byway (which was brilliant!) but all the dog walkers said they had never seen a car down there before! OOPS!
          its driving me mad as im sure i must have driven past lanes which we can use without realising it!
          im up for it this weekend if you are Dieselboy?
          Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
            for the love of god show me!! ive been trying to find them on my own but to no avail. went down Cold Harbour Lane down a byway (which was brilliant!) but all the dog walkers said they had never seen a car down there before! OOPS!
            its driving me mad as im sure i must have driven past lanes which we can use without realising it!
            im up for it this weekend if you are Dieselboy?
            Jay.
            im away this weekend, next weekend i'll be doing some diy at home.

byways are ok to go down. its just you have to be careful because i've found quite a few "byways" that are sign posted "BYWAY" but a few minutes down into them they get signposted BRIDLEWAY.. i can think of two off the top of my head

lets see if we can arrange another forum outing? i havnt been on here regularly for some time, and now ive come back all the main lot seem to have disappeared! (or theyre all using the secret forum and i've not been invited!)
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

well this byway was up near a cricket club off or not far from Coldharbour lane. Leith hill or that there abouts.
              it looked a great long track. i had to turn around because i was on my own and didnt know if it was a dead end or not. plus the dog walkers said they had only ever seen the national park trucks drive down it before. no cars?
              anyway yeah a group meet would be great. the countryside is great up that way. its just finding the right bits because i know there are loads of bikes that that use the tracks aswell around there somewhere.
              you can also see loads of trye tracks where others have just veered off coldharbour lane and straight into the woods! not allowed obviously but stil looks good! lol

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                well this byway was up near a cricket club off or not far from Coldharbour lane. Leith hill or that there abouts.
                it looked a great long track. i had to turn around because i was on my own and didnt know if it was a dead end or not. plus the dog walkers said they had only ever seen the national park trucks drive down it before. no cars?
                anyway yeah a group meet would be great. the countryside is great up that way. its just finding the right bits because i know there are loads of bikes that that use the tracks aswell around there somewhere.
                you can also see loads of trye tracks where others have just veered off coldharbour lane and straight into the woods! not allowed obviously but stil looks good! lol
                as long as its a byway its open to public vehicles, car or bike. as long as people are considerate then there i cant see any reason to have any issues.

regarding the comment you mentioned about the tracks where people have just driven right off into the woods. this is completely wrong. i've seen people do this, and its these idiots who get the lanes shut down and ruin it for everyone else.
                i see a whole group of people doing it once, at the top where they closed that big chalk hill off. i just sat there with my other friends, because some of them were blocking the path and we couldnt go through.
                then one of them came over boasting about his new pajero or something, and that how his last 4x4 is down this lane in a bush where he done an insurance job on it.

so, nice bunch of people.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  as long as its a byway its open to public vehicles, car or bike. as long as people are considerate then there i cant see any reason to have any issues.

regarding the comment you mentioned about the tracks where people have just driven right off into the woods. this is completely wrong. i've seen people do this, and its these idiots who get the lanes shut down and ruin it for everyone else.
                  i see a whole group of people doing it once, at the top where they closed that big chalk hill off. i just sat there with my other friends, because some of them were blocking the path and we couldnt go through.
                  then one of them came over boasting about his new pajero or something, and that how his last 4x4 is down this lane in a bush where he done an insurance job on it.

so, nice bunch of people.
                  that was me!!! hahaha im joking!

in in regards to that byway, how do i know it hasnt been closed to the public already? it still has a 50 year old sign post up saying "byway" but ive been warned that that doesnt always mean its open??
                  any ideas?

Comment

if it says BYWAY and there are no signs to say its closed, then its not closed.

there are byways in kent that we've been to, and they go all over the place, most of them you need to get out and open the gate to go down.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

oh right. i was under the impression that they didnt need a sign saying they were closed.

well in that case you should come check it out with me if your up for it mate. i cant go on my own because it looked Very challenging the further you go down!
                      i had to get out and walk further down to see how the track went but i got bored of walking and gave up after 100 yards lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X