auto transmision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto transmision

My transmission is taking longer to change from 1st to 2nd shift but it is selecting 1st shift very quickly. When the engine is hot it shift from 1st to 2nd very good but changes from 2nd to 3rd very often. what may be the problem?

dirty, burnt, or just old transmission fluid would be a good place to start.

You can either drain from the gearbox sump and top up through the filler tube, which will only change about half the fluid. Or take the feed and return pipes off the transmission cooler (on the bottom of the rad), crank the engine to see which is feed and which is return, put the return pipe (the one that doesn't spit tranny fluid out when you turn the engine over) in a bottle of clean transmission fluid, and the other one into a bucket to catch the old stuff. when the transmission fluid starts coming through clean looking, switch off the engine and put the pipes back onto the cooler, this way does an almost complete flush, but uses a lot more transmission fluid. Once it's all done check the level and top up / drain off a little as necessary.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

auto transmission

Thanks buddy, but i forget to mention that i change oil, clean filter, check kick down cable and solenoid switches. I'm wondering if its the torque converter or clutches need changing

Comment

Working...
      X