fuel consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel consumption

I need some help had my 3.0 td auto surf for 18 months (94 mod) and a I think my fuel consumption aint so great I get about 280 +/- miles to a 65 liter tank which is about 19.5 mpg. Any tips thanks stevo.

Hi n Welcome, it may help if ya fill in ya profile proper Auto /Manual etc etc.
    When was ya fuel filter last changed ? it may need changing, fill filter with Red X or ATF fluid, bleed up n take it for a spin (drive it like ya stole it)
    Also checkout the posts at the foot of this page.....
    Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks mate have given it some redx and a spray with 10k boost through the air intake. I did notice that I have a hole in the side of the air intake which looks likes its a feed of some sort from the engine but have no lose pipes to connect to it. Bit confused by it as the hole sits above the air filter and would draw in unfiltered air if not fed by a pipe from say the tapit cover. Or should it be blanked off. Took it for a spin after giving it the 10 k boost and will see how my consumption goes. I changed the fuel filter about 7000 miles ago so its due a new one soon. Mines an auto. If my mpg does not increase Ill try your tips and c/q the other threads. Thanks for your advise. Steve

Comment

there should be a plastic sensor hanging down the side of the air filter.That needs putting into the hole in the air filter box
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks Richard I will go have a rummage for the swine thing!

Comment

I'm not taking the 9iss or rubing it in but as a guide only my Truck returns 30ish on a run at 65-75

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

When you say fill up the filter withe redx or atf what do you mean? Iz a bit fick on this 1. I think your saying take it for a blast pure redx or atf in the filter, is this safe for the engine?

Comment

yea perfectly fine.Just fill the filter to the top refit it and connect the fuel lines prime it up a bit then drive it like you stole it
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                X