Help just put small hole in rad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help just put small hole in rad!

Idiot of the week anyone. Just left hospital and couldn start surf. Checked and the pos terminal on the batt was loose. Tightened it up which solved the problem but whilst doing it slipped and touched the socket wrench to the top left of the rad for a split second which has burnt a tiny hole in the rad! Revved the engine and sure enough coolant sprayed out. Damn it! Is there anything i can do or do i have to get recovered and then a new rad? Sending this from hospital from my mobile so hopefully it will work! Help!

You can solder the hole and it should last a while if done right so i would either take a steady drive home and if you can get some water to top the rad with if needed,thats if you aint got far to go otherwise get it recovered and solder it up when you get home
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Chemical metal will sort it permanatly you can get it most places halfords even seen it in some tescos
      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Thanks

Thank you both. Left the Surf at the hospital overnight, went to Halfraids this morning and got some chemical metal, smeared it over the hole and so far seems to be fine!
        Cost of repair: £7

Marvellous!

Comment

Working...
        X