Red Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Button

Hi as I said I am new to Hilux so may ask some really stupid questions.

On the auto gear changer at the top is a little red button. What the does this do as I really can't work out if it has a use.

No doubt i'll feel a right fool when someone tells me, but thanks in advance.

It's a shift lock button. It allows you to shift the gear lever without the need for the ignition to be on or your foot on the brake pedal.

Comment

If what Vince says is true, then Ive been seriously misled. First off I was told it was the flux capacitor and only found that to be a lie when I called Roughtrax to see if I could get a new one as it didnt appear to work. It was then that someone finally came clean and told me it was the cloaking device. Im sure thats the truth because I never get a wave from other Surf owners and that can only be cos they cant see me. Shift lock my a*se

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
        If what Vince says is true, then Ive been seriously misled. First off I was told it was the flux capacitor and only found that to be a lie when I called Roughtrax to see if I could get a new one as it didnt appear to work. It was then that someone finally came clean and told me it was the cloaking device. Im sure thats the truth because I never get a wave from other Surf owners and that can only be cos they cant see me. Shift lock my a*se

Bogus
        yeah that vince is full of sh#t
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

yeah don't believe a word he says it's all lies

well half of it is anyway, i'm pretty sure you still have to have a foot on the brake when you use it

(or at least apply pressure somehow to the brake pedal whilst you depress the red button and move the lever - for the pedants out there )
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

So, it doesn't really operate the ejector seat??

Check out this site for all those 'little' questions.

Comment

I'm not sure he meant the shift lock button, which is on the surround at the front of the gear lever. If he does mean the one on the gear lever itself, then it's the overdrive button. Easy to tell, as the "O/D off" light should come on/go off on the dashboard if it's pushed in/out.
              Mike G

Comment

Working...
              X