T-belt + Battery Light Mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-belt + Battery Light Mystery

Folks, got a problem on my 3rg Gen where the T-belt and Battery light come on intermittently and at the same time, they aslo go off at the same time, i am led to believe the t-belt light is connected to your milage and should come on every 1000k, the belt was changed at 1000k and now has 150k on the clock so i have ample milage supposedly left on the belt but cannot fathom out why both lights come on/off at the same time..could any of you kind souls give me any advice on the matter, i was thinking on the lines of a auto electrician to take a look.

cheers

done a bit of research using that wonderful search facilty that most peeps forget about (me also) and found a couple of threads on the matter and it points to an alternator problem bizzarely, both my batteries are fully charged and no starting problems so not sure what to do??

Comment

ould be a loose or corroded engine to body earth strap.

Comment

and where would this particular strap be located??
        cheers
        Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        ould be a loose or corroded engine to body earth strap.

Comment

Our 2nd gen one does the same thing. I guessed it might be an alternator problem and like yours it still charges etc, but all the lights on the dash come on if you have things like the air con, radio and headlights on at the same time. The earth strap that I found is to the left of the engine bay and runs to the alternator itself. To be honest I have not taken it off and cleaned it up yet but hope this may help a little.
          Yippee-Kay-Ay, Melon Farmer.

Comment

If ya haven't already looked n sorry if ya have ....
            Take a look at the posts at foot of this page
            Hope this helps

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
            X