rear door windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear door windows

Anybody have any tips on how to put the rear door glass back into the rear door window raiser and keep it there as have managed to do it once but glass came out again leaving the window closed but the mechanism still going up and down. Thanks Trish

Hi n Welcome Trish to the insane Surfers Site ...
    Do a search for "rear window lift mechanism"
    Hope this helps

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

have the bolts come out or broke that hold the wheels in the runner.I have to strip my rear o/side door soon as mine is doing the same .I'm hoping to get mine sorted this week and if i do i'll let you know what the problem with mine is
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

rear door glass

Sorry i have not made the problem clear. The motor and the window mechanism are alll working as should and the glass will go up and down but the glass has come out of the channel it should sit in.Managed to get it back in the rubber and the metal channel once which was a challange but it only lasted a few days before it came out again.Do you have to glue it in the rubber then the metal channel. Any advice would be helpful .Thanks Trish

Comment

i think the glass is normally clamped into the rubber and runner so it may pay to glue it like you said and try that
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I fitted another short window runner(without Glueing) the old one had rusted away on my "old grey lady" last year n ya need to make sure ya put it in the wright position .... otherwise going up or down will force the rwindow runner off ....

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
            X