coolant problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant problem

after quite a long time looking through the threads concerning my problem, i have come up with a few tips but none have worked so far and so i am looking for advice to see what you [the technicians] can make of my problem, so here we go .I took my wife to work and the temp went up, i stopped, let it cool down ,refiled the radiator with water and completed my journey, the next day it started to over heat again , checked water and it was down again ,i then topped it up with hot water and ran it a lot harder than i normally do and it did not over heat , instead it started to spit out bubbles through the expansion tank , so i removed the radiator cap and coolant went all over, but not on me , i then ran the car for about ten minuets at tick over, and filled with hot water, still spitting out at the expansion tank when i replaced the cap but temp has never gone up again, i then removed the thermostat and again spent about 40 minuets refilling , i noticed that there was a lot of bubbles in the mixture that was coming out of the radiator cap , and as soon as the cap was refitted[50 seconds] the pipe at the top of the radiator seemed to go hard , but not what i would call danger time it did squeeze a bit, but it seemed to be air inside , heaters were all hot in the front and in the back, left it overnight and never even looked at it today, so tomorrow, is a bank holiday, and i will have another go at the problem but in the back of my mind i think it is the head gasket, the only thing that is stopping me getting the head off is that there is no water in the oil and there is no oil in the water, any help would be appreciated thanks Karl
    anyone seen the plot

Head gasket blown.

Comment

Working...
    X