Rear window given up. Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window given up. Please help.

Hello, very new to this site so not totally sure how it all works but there appears to be a lot of help out there so here goes.
    For the last couple of weeks I have only been able to open the rear window on my Surf from the tailgate but not close it from there. It has worked okay from the switch on the centre consol until this morning when I opened the window from the rear loaded the bags in went to put the window up from inside to no avail. I've taken the motor off, pushed the window into place and 'locked' it in place with a cable-tye or two.
    Do I need to replace the motor or is this one fixable?

several possibilites m8.

1) is the motor sound? i.e. if you put 12v across it, does it work both ways? I had a motor pack up as the window leaked and it had rusted pretty much solid. Anyhow, check that out
    2) is the switch in the tail gate broken? Mine was full of crap, and after cleaning it worked fine.
    3) is the relay working (pray it is, coz they are flipping expensive new, though there are often breakers on the forum so you might get a good deal)
    4) make sure all the runners, rubber seals round the windows, sliders cogs and such like are nice and clean and well greased. (silicone spray????)

cheers

andy
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll have to try them tomorrow. Hadn't thought about putting 12v across. I've had the motor to bits, cleaned and greased it, but rain stopped play. Thanks again.
      Cheers
      David

Comment

Went out this morning, well after a bit of a lie-in, and stripped and greased the rear key switch, the runners and just about everything else to do with the rear door. The window will now open and close from the switch on the centre console but only opens from the rear switch. That will have to do for now as it's back to work tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
        David

Comment

Working...
        X