Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes help help

hi there everyone i need major help on a Y reg hilux sr5
    right after doing a service checking the brakes cleaning and inspecting i put it back together and the footbrake felt soft (which has never bin a problem on this vehicle) went for a spin and hit the brake and only the back brakes locked causing me to go sideways (cant complain) right back to the workshop and when the engine is off the pedal is solid and oppersite when the engine in goin.
    The mastercylinder has bin renewed with a new one from toyota brakes have bin bled so many times including the load sensing valve can anyone help please cheers mike

were the brakes ok before you did the service?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

yes everything was fine i was jst checking everything ready for its mot the pads were changed 8 months ago shoes and drums i dont know

Comment

Are you a qualified mechanic?
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by mikeatron8 View Post
          yes everything was fine i was jst checking everything ready for its mot the pads were changed 8 months ago shoes and drums i dont know
          Ok, So when you say just checking what did you do? Have you checked for leaks? did you bleed the system in the right sequence?
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

right removed drums checked liners made sure everything was free put drums back on an adjusted up as for the front jst made sure the pistons were moving freely the sequence i used was o/s/r first and worked my way around finishing at the load senseing valve cheers mike

Comment

Albannach as for ure question these questions are from my dad.
              I am a fully qualified hgv/psv and earthmoving mechanic i dont personelly work on cars and as far as i can see he has done everything i would have done i jus thought some of you lot would have any ideas before i get my hands dirty! and before you ask we have 3 toyotas here

Comment

ok mate.. not sure if the bleeding sequence you did was right i think you do opposite front to opposite rear i need to check
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

If you're a mechanic, you'll know exactly where to look. Toyota brakes are no different from any other.

Sounds to me like the ABS has been bled wrong, remember bleeding ABS is not the same as bleeding non ABS systems, particularly after the master cylinder has been changed.

Also, if it's questions from your dad, you should have said so; rather than implying it was you who had the problems and you who had the truck sideways when the front brakes failed.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                  X