yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT HELP NEEDED Steering Lock smashed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT HELP NEEDED Steering Lock smashed!!

Some toe rag decided to try and steal my Surf. They did not succeed but I am left with a smashed steering lock assembly and no radio and a damaged dash. The ign key assembly appears ok but the dash is wrecked where they decided to have the radio instead. It drivable as they were very careful not to damage any wiring

The Insurance company assessor has let me know that it is very close to being a total write off.

I need to get it back on the road asap Anyone know where i can get a steering lock assembly. It's the bit that bolts to and locks the steering? I have no idea how long the insurance will take to fix it

Jimbo
    Last edited by Jimbo55; 15 March 2008, 08:12. Reason: desprate for help
    Women Drive Prado's. Men Drive Surf's. Everything else just gets in the way.

I remember somebody on the Forum having the same problem (Vandalised Dash/ steering lock) last year I think it was .
    Ya may wanna trawl through treads at the bottom of this Page & do a search Dash info, Steering lock, Vandelism etc ....
    Hope this helps !!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

it's a 3rd gen assuming it's a 2nd gen (93-96) give me a call on 07773019472 i'm in ashford and breaking a truck which should still have all the bits you need if they're the same on 3.0 and 2.4 models.

edit: arse just noticed it's a 3rd gen, so it's unlikely any of the parts tie up.
      Last edited by nero279; 14 March 2008, 17:29.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Thankyou for the replies. Searched this forum and I cant find ant references to steering lock.

Please help we are due to go on Holiday in two weeks and we need our Surf to tow our caravan.

Comment

Tried to ring twice now.. no reply will ring again tomorrow.

Comment

<<< UPDATE >>>

Now repaired by insurance and back on the road

Comment

Working...
            X