Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo trim/front panel removal

Newbie here,

Could someone please point me in the direction of some instructions as to how to take the front panel surrounding my stereo, a/c unit etc off, as I need to install a band expander to the back of the jap stereo, but can't work out how to get to it! Its a 96 3.0TD

Many many thanks

Craig

Scroll down this very page and you'll find a couple of handy links.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by sirbleakers View Post
      Newbie here,

Could someone please point me in the direction of some instructions as to how to take the front panel surrounding my stereo, a/c unit etc off, as I need to install a band expander to the back of the jap stereo, but can't work out how to get to it! Its a 96 3.0TD

Many many thanks

Craig

Hi, I went to an autoradio installer and asked how to take it out.

lol

replacing the radio was the first thing I did ...

On the 2nd gen. ( very similar to the 3rd) you need to open the drawer, take 4 screws off and the big 1 at the bottom.

remove the passenger side bottom frame. Remove the pins at the side of the bottom central frame, remove this, remove the central frame after removing the air controls; then unscrew the bottom frame / driver side.
      In the centre, you should see a metal case with 4 screws holding the radio. Remove them and you can take the radio off.

Comment

Working...
      X