Urgent help needed - wont start!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed - wont start!!

HELP - I have just done a fluid change on my surf - oil and filter, air filter and fuel filter. She was running fine before, and now wont start. I followed the instructions for the fuel filter and primed it, then started the car to check for leaks and she ran fine. Feeling well happy with myself i then changed the oil. Now the car wont start. The worst thing is that it is parked behind my other car on the drive, therefre i can't go anywhere. And my drive is a hill so i can't push the surf out of the way. Any suggestions are helpful. Need to go to work tomorrow.
    Cheers.
    Jason.

any more clues as to the not starting thing?

Any noises or anything that could help us identify the problem? What happens when you turn the key?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

She turns over as normal, but just does not fire up. I think it has to be something to do with the fuel filter, its the only thing i can thnk of!

Comment

Originally posted by boothy View Post
        She turns over as normal, but just does not fire up. I think it has to be something to do with the fuel filter, its the only thing i can thnk of!
        sounds more than likely to me, i would suggest try priming the filter again with the ignition on (not sure if that actually makes any difference, but just in case). I'm thinking maybe because it's on a slope there's air trapped in the filter or fuel lines somewhere and it's not priming properly because of this?

Did you fill the new filter with either red-ex or diesel before fitting it? - Helps with the priming thing as there's less air to expel from the filter.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

also crack the injector pipes one at a time turn it over untill there is a steady flow of fuel do it back up and then do theother 3 the same

Comment

Sorted. I cracked the injectors as suggested and she fired straight up. Why don't they say this in the manual when you are changing the fuel filter!
            Cheers for the help guys.
            Jason

Comment

no prob's thats what were here for

Comment

Originally posted by boothy View Post
                Why don't they say this in the manual when you are changing the fuel filter!
                Cos ya shouldn't have to crack em !! but as ya parked on uneven ground, thats another lesson learnt n it didn't cost ya ......Well done

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Re

Maybe you should subscribe now after this wonderful help and advice!

Comment

Working...
                  X