Oil pressure improvement after oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure improvement after oil change

My oil pressure has always been on the low side of the normal range. Yesteday I cracked on and did an oil and filter change. Same oil brand as last time with same filter from Roughtrax. I filled to the same level and found that my oil pressure has moved into the middle of the normal range.

Odd but satisfactory result!

Dave

Originally posted by Ballibeg View Post
    My oil pressure has always been on the low side of the normal range. Yesteday I cracked on and did an oil and filter change. Same oil brand as last time with same filter from Roughtrax. I filled to the same level and found that my oil pressure has moved into the middle of the normal range.

Dave

Just goes to show how worn out the old oil was.

An external oil cooler with prolong engine oil life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg View Post

Dave
      Me too - pressure doesn't go much past halfway at lowest now. Roughtrax Filter too.

Has your pressure dropped much over time? I'm wondering if just the filter filling up or similar settling of new oil from the top end?
      Smack it with a 16lb Hammer and it will come off!

Comment

Mine does that each and every time I change the oil..Makes no difference wether I treat the ole girl to Magnatec, or just plain 10/40 basic brew..

It usually sits quite high on the gauge for a couple or so days, but pretty soon settles back to "normal"

Just bought two bottles of oil yesterday, and some Dextron 111..Time to get dirty again

Comment

Working...
        X