Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Exhaust tail?

Afternoon All,

I need to change the 4th exhaust piece (tail pipe) and have discovered that there seems to be 2 different types available. My car is a 3TD Auto and the tail it has includes a small box near the end.
    Although I have found this one for sale on the internet, I have also seen straight through with no box at the end.

Can anybody confirm if I have to get the one with the box, to match what I had installed and what difference it makes if I went for the straight one?

Thanks in advance!

you don't need the little box on the end of the exhaust so go for that one if its cheaper or get a stainless pipe made instead and it will last for ages
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks Richard,

Will there be any noise or performance issues with the straight pipe. (Dont want to upset the neighbours?)

Do you know if I also need any sealing rings or gaskets to join to the middle section?

Comment

Originally posted by Marshman View Post
        Thanks Richard,

Will there be any noise or performance issues with the straight pipe. (Dont want to upset the neighbours?)

Do you know if I also need any sealing rings or gaskets to join to the middle section?
        At one point there was a BFH (big f hole) in the pipe just after my silencer and it was not much worse, so no worries there.

I think there is a sealing ring between the sections but I used exhaust paste
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by Marshman View Post
          Thanks Richard,

no noticeable difference in noise/performance. milners sell the straight through version and all is good

Comment

Working...
          X