Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler - more power?

Hi there,

I just got my "new" KZN185W with a 1KZ-TE 3.0TB engine, however without Intercooler. I have heard very conflicting statements re. the advantages of fitting an intercooler. Some says that it makes the engine slightly less powerful, although most say it will provide 10-15% additional power.

Are there any of the 1KZ-TE engines where it would not be advantagous to fit an intercooler? If so, why?

Hope anyone will respond.
    thanks
    cheers
    carl

Originally posted by ctraeholt View Post
    Hi there,

I just got my "new" KZN185W with a 1KZ-TE 3.0TB engine, however without Intercooler. I have heard very conflicting statements re. the advantages of fitting an intercooler. Some says that it makes the engine slightly less powerful, although most say it will provide 10-15% additional power.

Are there any of the 1KZ-TE engines where it would not be advantagous to fit an intercooler? If so, why?

Hope anyone will respond.
    thanks
    cheers
    carl
    Any turbo running colder air will be an improvement. Fitting an intecooler to the surf is a positive modification.
    Plenty of threads on here about fitting options. Do a search and you will find plenty info mate.
    Enjoy the surf
    Brian

Comment

Working...
    X