Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust oil

mornin' all!

quick question.... i noticed this morning that on the driveway where my exhaust tip points there is a splatter of oil.... almost as though there was oil in the exhaust and then it has been blown through. not a puddle but appears to be oil.... make sense? anyway, it hasn't been doing this in the past as the wife (the one who saw it... i ride a motorbike to work and go out around the back of the house) who noticed it mentioned it was easily visible.

got me a little worried tbh.... anyone have any bright ideas of suggestions?

cheers all

steve

Originally posted by Stephen Parkinson View Post
    mornin' all!

quick question.... i noticed this morning that on the driveway where my exhaust tip points there is a splatter of oil.... almost as though there was oil in the exhaust and then it has been blown through. not a puddle but appears to be oil.... make sense? anyway, it hasn't been doing this in the past as the wife (the one who saw it... i ride a motorbike to work and go out around the back of the house) who noticed it mentioned it was easily visible.

got me a little worried tbh.... anyone have any bright ideas of suggestions?

cheers all

steve
    hi Steve

I don't think it's oil, chances are it's soot that's built up in the tail pipe and then condensation (after it warms up) is then blowing out black, i had it and after i needed a new exhaust it all went away

hope this helps ease the pain of thinking something serious was occuring...
    Cheers
    Paul

Comment

Do you get any blue smoke at all. If not, probably as Paul says.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        Do you get any blue smoke at all. If not, probably as Paul says.
        thanks all.... had a proper look last night when i got in and it just seems like what paul is proposing... at the moment, with all the frost she's left idling for a bit while the ice is scraped off the windows... usually it's get in and go. think the ole girl needs a decent trip too to blow out a few cobwebs along with some injector cleaner.

there's no other smoke at any time some seemed a little odd tbh.... thanks for setting the mind at rest guys. don't need any more bills at the moment

cheers

Comment

It could be the weather causing more condensation in the exhaust..I've got the same thing, plus a big black circle of soot against a garden wall..Maybe the soot cracks away more easilly if its frozen up or something then disolves.....erm, i'm talking rubbish again...I wouldn't worry about it..at least if our rigs have malfunctioned big time we'll be able to pool our thoughts

Comment

works for me

damn i love my truck!

Comment

Working...
            X