smokey turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokey turbo

Hi Guys I have a 2nd Generation 3.0 TD, chucking out loads of blue smoke, it's ok when the turbo is bypassed, have read a few threads with great interest, unfortuantley I can't see the photos for some reason which is frustrating as a picture says a thousand words. Help.
    If all the pipes are ok and fittings are secure, I assume it's the bearing seals, lots of people asking about sourcing and the fitting of them but no answers as to where and how, is it a case of swapping out for a refurb unit.
    Great site and look forward to your replies.
    Chalks
    Duct tape and WD40 What else could you need.

May be easier that way mate.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by chalkster View Post
      Hi Guys I have a 2nd Generation 3.0 TD, chucking out loads of blue smoke, it's ok when the turbo is bypassed, have read a few threads with great interest, unfortuantley I can't see the photos for some reason which is frustrating as a picture says a thousand words. Help.
      If all the pipes are ok and fittings are secure, I assume it's the bearing seals, lots of people asking about sourcing and the fitting of them but no answers as to where and how, is it a case of swapping out for a refurb unit.
      Chalks

turbo technics are one who do the surf turbo (refurb]
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Chalks
        What do you mean "turbo bypassed"
        intake or exhaust bypassed?

Comment

The mechanic that looked at it said that when the turbo was bypassed it ran fine with no blue smoke, he checked all the connections and pipes, I assume he looped it out thus removing it from the air intake circuit.
          The engine was running fine and pulled well, I have taken it to Slovakia on three occasions with no problems both in winter with temps down to -18 and in summer at +40, its a stonking car and miss having it on the road.

Comment

The mechanic that looked at it said that when the turbo was bypassed it ran fine with no blue smoke, he checked all the connections and pipes, I assume he looped it out thus removing it from the air intake circuit.
            The engine was running fine and pulled well, I have taken it to Slovakia on three occasions with no problems both in winter with temps down to -18 and in summer at +40, its a stonking car and miss having it on the road.
            Hi all, have just spent the afternoon playing with spanners and trying to ge the Turbo off, all started well with swift progress untill i ended up with a mixture of studs left in the exhast side of things and due to the combination I am now stuck as nothing will move, looks like the ERG pipe is the key but I am dammed if I can get to the lower bolt.
            anyone got any ideas?

Comment

Hi all, have just spent the afternoon playing with spanners and trying to ge the Turbo off, all started well with swift progress untill i ended up with a mixture of studs left in the exhast side of things and due to the combination I am now stuck as nothing will move, looks like the ERG pipe is the key but I am dammed if I can get to the lower bolt.
              anyone got any ideas?
              You could do what many others have, Saig through it with a hacksaw, remove the EGR valve completely and blank off the ports with some home made plates. (and the little rubber pipe with a bolt)
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

........errr forget that.

I've just noticed you are talking about the 3.0ltr. For some strange reason I was thinking about a 2.4

It's been a long day and it's not over yet
                Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650 View Post
                  ........errr forget that.

I've just noticed you are talking about the 3.0ltr. For some strange reason I was thinking about a 2.4

It's been a long day and it's not over yet
                  Not had chance to have another go today due to the heavy rain.
                  I'm going to block it off as this has been a good mod on my Delica.
                  I am going to remove the down pipe and hope that I can get some movement and drop it down.
                  The air exit side of the turbo is very oily and it looks like this is going to be the cause of the blue smoke.

Comment

Working...
                  X