kick down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kick down

i'm sorry for asking what seems a stupid question ,but does my surf have kick down , it has an auto box so i would have assumed that when i floor the accelerator the box would have dropped a gear and a surge of power would be apparent (like my soarer) but if i do floor it the engine picks up but no apparent gear change or surge of power ,just a gradual build up of speed so if it does have kick down what fault have i got and is there any adjustments to cables etc,if i don't have kick down then i'm disapointed.

And which model is your surf ??

[hunts for vehicle details]
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

96, 3ltr td intercooler,auto box. how can i put this information where my avater should be?

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
        how can i put this information where my avater should be?
        Click on UserCP (top left of page)

Then Edit Profile (on the left)

then scroll down to Additional Information and there you can see vehicle details.

Comment

Then pay £10 to the forum and have a blue star applied to it aswell
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

In answer to your question I would be very surprised if you don't have kickdown, but no doubt some of 3rd Gen owners will soon arrive to confirm this.

Trev

Comment

it would seem like your accelerator cable may be slack, not allowing you out of overdrive, try tightening it up to get full throttle useage.
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Is there not a separate kickdown cable?

Comment

as above take out any slack in the throttle cable and if this dont work then take the slack out of the kick down cable both are found on the throttle body, hope this helps
                  btw any surge in power wont be like the soarer's but is noticable
                  Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Do not take the slack out of the kickdown cable it is supposed to have slack in it if you pull on it you will find it tightens slightly towards the end of its travel as the cam operates this should happen at nearly full throttle if at full throttle it still feels loose then tighten it slightly.
                    If you just tighten it as suggested in a previous post you will get harsh changes.
                    ionic SURFactant

Comment

sorry about this guys,but i noticed this morning that the seperate mat on the front of the drivers side floor was puckered up under the accelerator pedal and was prohibiting the peddle to go full travel, after straightening out the mat and on my way to work i punched the pedal down and bingo change down and rev rise with a surge of power, not back pushing like the soarer but enough to know it was there, much more satisfied now, thanks for all your replies, at least i will know what to do if i lose it now.

Comment

Woodzie !!!

Can we have him ?

This HAS to go down as a IOTY

Comment

i can remember back in the 50's and 60's there used to be a 2/6d bounty on a squirrel tail

Comment

Soromad, just to be sure, check the bolts that hold your accelerator pedal to the floor of the car, ensuring that they are tight. On some earlier models rivets were used, and they could break, causing the kickback and accelerator to be sluggish (at the least). If the bolts have loosened, you will experience the same. Otherwise, you have solved one of YOUR OWN great mysteries.

Comment

Working...
                            X