3.0 no power, urgent help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 no power, urgent help needed

been and looked at a 93 3.0 this afternoon, drives very well, suspension quiet everything works, instant starting from totally cold but....

...it's got no power and won't rev beyond 3500rpm and is pretty much max'd out at 50mph, will eventually make 60 if you give it long enough, likely causes?
    Last edited by dee; 2 February 2008, 00:57.
    Toot! Toot!

could be may reasons, but one very strange reason for lack of power could be the exhaust, blocked silencer only say this coz i had this happen with the same simptons on a mazda i had ( cheap zorst )

more likely dirty fuel filter or fuel starvation, guess others on here will have better advise
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

If you can get it to Blairgowrie i could have a look for you. Have you tried resetting the ECU? They can be a bit dumb at times, also check that you havent got too much vacuum in the tank, drive with fuel cap off will tell you. Again fuel filter, or even gas cable harness fallen out of its mounting.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

had remembered something about reseting the ecu, how's that done then?

haven't bought the truck as yet so getting it up to blair is a bit of a problem...
        Toot! Toot!

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          had remembered something about reseting the ecu, how's that done then?

haven't bought the truck as yet so getting it up to blair is a bit of a problem...
          disconect the batteries and leave for 1/2 hour then reconnect i think
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Offers there mate, i take it as its not functioning properly he doesnt want much for it?
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Is the turbo working?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
                Offers there mate, i take it as its not functioning properly he doesnt want much for it?

well we had agreed £1400 on the phone as I had seen it before but not driven it, when I drove it he kept saying it's not fast you know... said I'd call him back later, would be happy to take the car on if I thought I could sort it out without it driving me to drink, but not at £1400 though.

turbo seems fine, pleasant turbo noise in the back ground, describe it as really dour, fine on part throttle but flat down has no effect
                Toot! Toot!

Comment

I would say that its worth £2500 around abouts in full workin order, £1400 dont sound that bad to me, before long on here you will get an answer and i cant see it costing a grand.

If it was me i would be offering him £1200 and being absolutely delighted with my purchase. Youll prob find its a minor thing, at worst turbo which you could buy for max £150, and just bolt it on and away you go. Could also be TPS, or even leak in the pipes from turbo to inlet losing pressure.

Anybody else here think that its worth buying, if you dont i probably will.
                  Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

could it be the mass flow air sensor ?

Comment

3.0 Petrol or Deisel????

If derv then sounds like no turbo, normally pressure sensor disconnected or duff. but you should get a engine fault light, could also be the throttle position sensor.

If petol, could the MAS, plugged cat, or a number of things.

Simple things like blocked air or fuel filter the way to go first.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

my feeling is it's fuel related, it just feels starved, when cruising at about 40-50, floored it and it kicked down no problem, I expect it was needing about 3750rpm but as it won't rev past 3500 there was the effect of engine braking to bring it back to 3500...
                        Toot! Toot!

Comment

sorry, diesel...
                          Toot! Toot!

Comment

I would say that its worth £2500 around abouts in full workin order, £1400 dont sound that bad to me, before long on here you will get an answer and i cant see it costing a grand.

If it was me i would be offering him £1200 and being absolutely delighted with my purchase. Youll prob find its a minor thing, at worst turbo which you could buy for max £150, and just bolt it on and away you go. Could also be TPS, or even leak in the pipes from turbo to inlet losing pressure.

Anybody else here think that its worth buying, if you dont i probably will.
                            where would you get a turbo for £150 then?
                            Toot! Toot!

Comment

If it was me i would be offering him £1200 and being absolutely delighted with my purchase.
                              well, I offered him slightly less and I now have an Oct 93 3.0 ssrx sitting outside

will take it to the diesel wizard in the morning but having driven it again I'm pretty sure the turbo is boosting as it's got plenty of grunt low down on part throttle, we shall see, but I am a happy bunny for now
                              Toot! Toot!

Comment

Working...
                              X