Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo issues

now then.
    had an oil and fuel filter change on my 3.0l bus the other week.
    the mechanic recons i have an air leak from the turbo as when the engine's revved it makes a sound like a dump valve, but i aint got a dump valve!
    any ideas what this might be and how i can sort it?

also, anybody got the 2 inch lift oil shocks and torsion bar from roughtrax fitted? i'm wantin to know if it improves the onroad handling.

cheers mates

grynner

Yep, most likely a split or loose hose/clip between the turbo and inlet manifold will cause the squealing noise when the engine is revved.

p.s. ....................Bus?????!! !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grynner
      now then.
      had an oil and fuel filter change on my 3.0l bus the other week.
      the mechanic recons i have an air leak from the turbo as when the engine's revved it makes a sound like a dump valve, but i aint got a dump valve!
      any ideas what this might be and how i can sort it?

also, anybody got the 2 inch lift oil shocks and torsion bar from roughtrax fitted? i'm wantin to know if it improves the onroad handling.

cheers mates

grynner
      New shocks will help if old a knackered but any gains will be offset by the new height. Higher doesn't make for better road qualities. If you want to throw around A roads buy a skyline. Surfs trundle well on most surfaces thats why we love em
      Brian

Comment

bus!!!!!

i started callin the surf a bus when i got hit by one 3 times and i couldnt see any damage!!!!
        it got nicknamed bus proof by the lads, so, bus for short.
        daft really. the bus driver pulled up behind me at a junction. then got out from behind the seat to shout at some kids on the bus, not realising the bus was still in drive with no handbrake on.
        hit my spare tyre, i bounced off and the ###### thing kept comin.
        so there ya go.
        prob should have put this in the jokes column!

cheers

grynner

Comment

Working...
        X