Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teething problems

hi guys and gals

Well 1st post so not sure if you get the drinks in? if so the bars open.

Right i have just bought a 95 2nd gen ssrg 3.0 td but it has gone back to local garage for teething probs under the 3 month warranty hmmm.

The top tank on the rad was weeping and the standard central door locking or not locking gremlin has reared its head on my surf.

so the guys are fixing it i hope.i have noticed when i went to garage to ask something that they have driven the surf off ramp and put it on road for room ok i thought but then realised rad wasn't in truck!!!!.

So next question if its run for a short time (2-3mins tops) while they move it off ramp to road with no rad in would this be enough to overheat head and cause headgasket issues?????????.

other than this quite happy with it although haven't had it that long.

cheers people.

No and welcome to the forum

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

can't answer your question re movement but although i would'nt want it to happen to mine i don't think it would cause problems, for that short while i would think oil is more important. however out of intrest i went to a radiator refurb friend of mine and he says a recored and rebuilt rad would be around £150.00 removal and instillation extra .though if it was needed i would do that myself.

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem
        Welcome to the assylum!
        Alan
        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X