mpg query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpg query

what mpg could I expect from a 3.0 diesel - mixed urban and also open road stuff - can anyone assist (considering buying one)

Jonathan you are looking at around 25 - 30 mpg but if you have a heavy right foot you'll get less
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan
      what mpg could I expect from a 3.0 diesel - mixed urban and also open road stuff - can anyone assist (considering buying one)
      I get around 22 with town driving and at a constent 70/75 motorway
      around 30 to 32.

Cheers
      Conker
      [center] [/center]

Comment

Jonathan,

You'll get as many numbers as replies... ranging from 20-35!!

Do a search on MPG and you should find lots of info!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Wish mine would do 30-32 on the motorway!
          "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Jonathan
            I'm getting 28mpg (manual transmission),thats urban/road/off road use.
            Powered by ????

Comment

I wish I was so lucky! Worked out mine for the first time at the weekend. It's a 94 KZN130 3.0 TD, getting a whopping 21 mpg on combined town and motorway drivin. If fuel economy is your game, don't buy a 2 tonne monster with the aerodynamics of a brick - get a diesel Clio (and be miserable).
              Everything's easy, when you know how!

Comment

Get 22 on a run in my 3.0td, not even 20 round town.....pretty poo really.....but looks ace.

Comment

much the same for me, getting less than 20 crawling in and around london but that is always the worst for any cmotor, haven't done a full tank run yet so cant comment, I keep reading all these posts from people saying they are getting 30ish and keep thinking there is somethin wrong with mine (93 3.0td)

Comment

I usually get 25/26mpg on a long run and that's mainly A roads (50-70mph) with a few dual carriageways (70-80mph) and a bit of m-way (80-85mph).
                    Don't try cruising above 85/90+ cos you'll see the fuel gauge dropping very quickly!!!

Comment

mpg query

No more than 21mpg round town, but all motorway to my brothers place in yorkshire steady 80-85mph (320 miles) full tank to twitching ringpiece (low fuel light came on at Sheffield with 25 miles to go!) filled up - 63.5 litres, I think Surf has a 65l tank. Can't be bothered with the maths (about 28mpg?) but I was well chuffed!
                      [COLOR=darkred]Eddie The Air-Con Doctor[/COLOR]

Comment

Some dealer in the Autotrader quotes 35mpg he's on drugs or sommat
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by phorbiuz
                          I wish I was so lucky! Worked out mine for the first time at the weekend. It's a 94 KZN130 3.0 TD, getting a whopping 21 mpg on combined town and motorway drivin. If fuel economy is your game, don't buy a 2 tonne monster with the aerodynamics of a brick - get a diesel Clio (and be miserable).
                          Can't we just run over the Clio and be HAPPY ??

Trev
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Getting Lower

Interesting

Before I got my car serviced - the front tyres were at 38psi and I was getting 29-32mpg.

Now the garage have set them at 33psi and the fuel consumption has increased to 25 to 27mpg. I might try pumping them back up again and see if it has any difference.

I got a 2.4td, though.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robnw67
                              Interesting

Before I got my car serviced - the front tyres were at 38psi and I was getting 29-32mpg.

Now the garage have set them at 33psi and the fuel consumption has increased to 25 to 27mpg. I might try pumping them back up again and see if it has any difference.

I got a 2.4td, though.

Rob

Due to an error with a pressure gauge a few weeks back we ran our 3.0 at 40psi for a month - didn't notice any differenec at all in MPG.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X