free wheelin hubs????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free wheelin hubs????

i bough my 3.0l 95 kzn130 about 6 months ago now.
    i know all about the 4wd button and the 2nd gear level but for some reason the previous owners fitted free wheeling hubs???
    does it actually need free wheeling hubs?
    either way, i'm gettin some new wheels and tyres soon and will have them removed.
    so anybody that wants free wheeling hubs let me know.
    cheers

Folk put them on as even when in 2wd the drive train to the front wheels is turning. Bigger issue with folk that have larger tyres after body lifts etc.

Also useful to have hubs if you want low ratio and 2wd, maybe manoeuvring a trailer on steep ground that isn't slippy and so hence low ratio (always 4wd without hubs) not able to be used without risking transmission wind up.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by grynner
      i bough my 3.0l 95 kzn130 about 6 months ago now.
      i know all about the 4wd button and the 2nd gear level but for some reason the previous owners fitted free wheeling hubs???
      does it actually need free wheeling hubs?
      either way, i'm gettin some new wheels and tyres soon and will have them removed.
      so anybody that wants free wheeling hubs let me know.
      cheers
      You don't need them, they just reduce unneccessary wear on cv's and boots as they stop the front driveshafts from turning until they're locked. If you don't want them i will have them. Let me know what you want for them and i will sort out a surf train or transport of some sort. Cheers dude.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
        If you don't want them i will have them. Let me know what you want for them and i will sort out a surf train or transport of some sort. Cheers dude.
        Bugger, someone beat me to it
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
          Bugger, someone beat me to it
          Don't worry, they won't fit a 3rd Gen, and he'll have to pass them on.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

In that case i'm glad I posted 4.5 hours late then, instead of just reading it and thinking bugger missed them like the other 24 people that read the thread
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
              In that case i'm glad I posted 4.5 hours late then, instead of just reading it and thinking bugger missed them like the other 24 people that read the thread
              i didnt think that ,i thought bugger i just bought some
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

there was some WARN ones on ebay the other day, PM'd them to someone who had mentioned they were looking, coz i thought if i posted the link on here the price would shoot up, they went to £95 + £10 postage without being linked on here anyway
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

He meant to say they went to £25

But if you push him he will pay you £35 for your old second hand unwanted ones

If he wont let me know as I know a man that will
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Great, they're for my old 2nd gen!
                    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X