heating problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heating problems

Hi All, while using the surf this weekend i noticed its taking a hell of a long time to warm up, this morning i drove the usual 9 miles to work and the temperature gauge hardly moved and it was only blowing lukewarm air inside. now i know it's been $$$$$$ cold and frosty but surly it wouldn't effect it this much or have i got a problem.
    ps. it's a 1994 3.0td

Originally posted by steveo007
    Hi All, while using the surf this weekend i noticed its taking a hell of a long time to warm up, this morning i drove the usual 9 miles to work and the temperature gauge hardly moved and it was only blowing lukewarm air inside. now i know it's been $$$$$$ cold and frosty but surly it wouldn't effect it this much or have i got a problem.
    ps. it's a 1994 3.0td
    Thermostat stuck open, get a new one from roughtrax.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by steveo007
      ps. it's a 1994 3.0td
      Have got the recirculating air button pressed in, or fresh outside air?

Comment

Could just be the tubes are narrowing cos they're full of gunge!!
        I know when i did my rad, all the heating tubes were nearly closed off they had so much crud in them!
        Its worth pulling one off the rear heater to take a look!
        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

cheers guy's, nothing serious then buy the sound of it. I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know the outcome

Comment

I changed my stat earlier in the year because the temp guage was reading lower then it ever did before.

Engine gets up to heat in a few moments. An the heaters are warm within 5 minutes. Also seems to hold its heat better after parking an leaving it for xx minutes.

Well worth doing for the small cost involved.

Comment

Working...
            X