Diff Lock 2nd Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff Lock 2nd Gen

Can any one tell me how you lock the diff on a second Gen ?

Erm, thats assumin you can lock it.

Thanks John.

Originally posted by The Laird O' Shesgnan

Thanks John.
    not as far as i know you can't
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Welder?????

Might have to fit a nice arb one
      www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by The Laird O' Shesgnan

Thanks John.

You'll need an air powered diff-locking kit fitted, expect to fork out around 450 quid for each diff!

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
          Welder?????

Might have to fit a nice arb one
          hehe, Welder cheap, but not very road friendly. Anything else £££'s but road manners acceptable. LSD better than an open diff but not as good as a locker, auto lockers cheaper than manual lockers but clicky on the road going round corners and very unpredicable in the snow or ice, manual lockers are the ultimate, but ultimate money!

Don't get confused by the Landy guys "I've got a diff lock, it must be better than your truck" rubbish comment, all that does is lock the center diff, same effect as putting a 2nd Gen in to 4H or 4L.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Does anyone know if its possible to weld the front diff up and retain the selectable 2wd/4wd with the standard Toyota ADD system?

Comment

Originally posted by davidwilson666
              Does anyone know if its possible to weld the front diff up and retain the selectable 2wd/4wd with the standard Toyota ADD system?
              not unless you want it to go bang.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                hehe, Welder cheap, but not very road friendly. Anything else £££'s but road manners acceptable. LSD better than an open diff but not as good as a locker, auto lockers cheaper than manual lockers but clicky on the road going round corners and very unpredicable in the snow or ice, manual lockers are the ultimate, but ultimate money!

Don't get confused by the Landy guys "I've got a diff lock, it must be better than your truck" rubbish comment, all that does is lock the center diff, same effect as putting a 2nd Gen in to 4H or 4L.

Thanks for info..I get that from quite a few landy owners

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by davidwilson666
                  Yes it'll work, but it probably explode if you try to shift-on-the-fly and wear part quickly.

Fit manual hubs and it'll be fine. but the front CV's are quite weak, especially on full lock. Big tyres and sudden grip will probably granade a CV if the diff is locked and the tyre can't slip.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X