To much rear movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To much rear movement

I was driving my 4runner today when I noticed that it seemed to more movement in the rear of the car than normal. Has I drove over a speed hump the back of the car kept bouncing up and down. When I pushed down on the bumper, the car bounced 3-4 times before stopping I have been under the car and the only thing I could find was that the stablizer bar bush on the drivers side was split. Could this be the problem or have I got bigger things to worry about.

Thanks

sounds more like shocks/springs
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      sounds more like shocks/springs
      does indeed, but shocks needn't be that expensive if you're not worried about having the adjustable shocks, which if you have no idea what i'm talking about it may be because you don't have them. I don't think they weren't fitted on many 4 runners so it might not be an issue anyway.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

The spring were replaced about 2 years ago and I got them from Milner in Derbyshire, so you think it is the shocks which have gone. Which are the best type to have.

Comment

That's the most likely cause,

factory shocks are expensive, TonyN at www.4x4toys.co.uk will probably be able to supply either Pro-Comp or TJM shocks cheaper than a main dealer. If you have the hard/soft suspension switch, the shocks will not work with it, they will still fit but the switch won't do anything. Procomp ES3000 shocks give quite a soft ride, while the ES9000s will give a firmer ride. The TJMs are a bit more expensive than the procomps, but are a better shock, i don't know how the ride compares.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

don't think any of the uk 4runners had selectable suspesnion like the surfs? Have driven numerous spec 4runners from my 2 94 to 96 models.

Would be intresting if anyone knew otherwise...

Comment

Working...
            X