1KZ-TE Injector Pump Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1KZ-TE Injector Pump Type

I'm currently considering a two tank conversion for SVO but have recieved conflicting information regarding the type of injector pump fitted to my 1995 3lt 1kzte Surf. Can anyone definately confirm whether it is a 'Rotary' or 'In-Line' type pump. It is important to get it right as the wiring/installation set up for the conversion depends on which type of injector pump is fitted. Has anyone done this conversion using an ATG Twin Tank conversion?
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Pump Query

As far as I can tell, if the injector pipes come out of the end , rear, of the pump you have a "rotary", or DPA type, and if the pipes come out of the top of the injector pump in a straight line then you have an "in line" pump.
    As far as I know Toyota stopped using inline pumps due to the higher cost and this was possibly more than 15 years ago.
    My last Landcruiser "H" reg was a rotary, and the one before that had an inline.
    The inline pump is 100 times better than the newer cheapo rotary and can pump almost anything you could pour into it.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by muller1
      As far as I can tell, if the injector pipes come out of the end , rear, of the pump you have a "rotary", or DPA type...
      Yeah, this is how all the Surf pumps are.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Yeah, this is how all the Surf pumps are.
        Thanks for the confirmation guys. I emailed Diesel Bob, (excellent site for info on diesels), and he confirmed that it is indeed a Rotary type pump so the twin tank conversion is now on-going.
        Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Silversurfer
          I'm currently considering a two tank conversion for SVO but have recieved conflicting information regarding the type of injector pump fitted to my 1995 3lt 1kzte Surf. Can anyone definately confirm whether it is a 'Rotary' or 'In-Line' type pump. It is important to get it right as the wiring/installation set up for the conversion depends on which type of injector pump is fitted. Has anyone done this conversion using an ATG Twin Tank conversion?
          Dont need to get a fantastic, all bells and whistles system for these trucks, just the basic set-up works a treat.

£475 gets you a really good quality set up from dieselveg.com it includes everything, ive had mine on for 6 months now.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
          X