mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpg

not that it bothers me unduely, i would'nt have bought the machine if it did, but i did a mpg check on a tank full of fuel and over 3/4 tank which appeared to equate to 47.61 ltrs(thats what i put back in to top it up) i had travelled 400 miles ,which if i have worked it out right is 8.4 miles to 1 litre of diesel (10 gallons) which means i'm getting 40 mpg, am well pleased with that on a 3ltr turbo intercooled engine .probably do better if i did'nt have such a heavy right foot i wonder if the injecter cleaner i put in helped?

I have to ask, are you sure you about those miles ?

A lot of surfs still record distance in kilometres, and 40mpg does seem amazing

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

ah never thought of that . good point 400 km's = 248.55 miles which now equates to 24.85 miles per gallon which is about the average that my 4 ltr soarer gives .but then again the surf is lugging a lot of kit about.
      i suppose i can prove it one way or the other by travelling a known distance route.
      Last edited by soramad; 10 November 2007, 23:08.

Comment

im getting close to 40 mpg on joker and that hammer guys wise crax.

Comment

Originally posted by soramad
          ah never thought of that . good point 400 km's = 248.55 miles which now equates to 24.85 miles per gallon which is about the average that my 4 ltr soarer gives .but then again the surf is lugging a lot of kit about.
          i suppose i can prove it one way or the other by travelling a known distance route.
          Thats realistic fella, 25 mpg. 40 mpg is pretty much impossible.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

not that it bothers me unduely, i would'nt have bought the machine if it did, but i did a mpg check on a tank full of fuel and over 3/4 tank which appeared to equate to 47.61 ltrs(thats what i put back in to top it up) i had travelled 400 miles ,which if i have worked it out right is 8.4 miles to 1 litre of diesel (10 gallons) which means i'm getting 40 mpg, am well pleased with that on a 3ltr turbo intercooled engine .probably do better if i did'nt have such a heavy right foot i wonder if the injecter cleaner i put in helped?

chuck some veg oil in mate , it eases the pain at the pumps.

Comment

god may forgive me for keeping this thread going........girls may not.

18mpg 19mpg 20mpg depending on mood. Drive like a girl and you don't even need disc brakes.

22mpg has been best. 16mpg is 3.0 fun time. Better than the V8 in any mood.

Have a leaky turbo to exhaust manifold? may make a difference.........in my dreams.

Main issue at the minute is how to keep the exahust fumes from being sucked in through the rear window I will search a remedy
              Smack it with a 16lb Hammer and it will come off!

Comment

All these Questions thats why i got a 3RD GEN
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Main issue at the minute is how to keep the exahust fumes from being sucked in through the rear window I will search a remedy[/QUOTE]

have the end of your exhaust turned at a right angle to come out behind the rear wheel that will probably help.

Comment

Main issue at the minute is how to keep the exahust fumes from being sucked in through the rear window I will search a remedy
                    have the end of your exhaust turned at a right angle to come out behind the rear wheel that will probably help.[/QUOTE]

It's SO tempting to mention the blindingly obvious - close the window
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
                      chuck some veg oil in mate , it eases the pain at the pumps.
                      Not trying to change the subject of this thread but if you use say 40% veg oil does it make the truck any slower or not do as many mpg mile for mile ?? Or does it block your fuel pump or filter up ??

Comment

no power loss at all , mpg is slighty less due to calories so im informed.

Comment

have the end of your exhaust turned at a right angle to come out behind the rear wheel that will probably help.
                          I was thinking that or getting a stainless in the future. (Ah back to the future again).

It's SO tempting to mention the blindingly obvious - close the window .
                          Yeah but no but yeah I want it open now and then.

Comment

Just won a stainless 45deg bend exhaust tip on ebay for 1p. As the exhaust is already curved slightly sideways this tip should extend and chuck the muck out even further away.

Comment

Working...
                            X