slight clatter on veg oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slight clatter on veg oil

To cut a long story short i run 50/50 on diesel veg mix and when the engine hits 2500 rpm it clatters a bit then goes is this because of my veg oil mix being too thick and because of the cold weather, no apparent performance changes just clatters a bit has anyone else come across this.

chris .

ps

Anyone notice the price on veg going up.

Comment

Originally posted by christopoher murphy
      To cut a long story short i run 50/50 on diesel veg mix and when the engine hits 2500 rpm it clatters a bit then goes is this because of my veg oil mix being too thick and because of the cold weather, no apparent performance changes just clatters a bit has anyone else come across this.

chris .
      Hi Chris,

Yep she will clatter when cold, but once fully warmed up it should be ok.

and yes the $$$$$$ price is going up
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

chris .
        I fine with mine, if decelerating for a long period it clatters when powering up, but a good tank o diesel sorts it for another wee while
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

can there be another fuel blend that is possible to run a surf on eg heating oil or parrafin asthats cheap to buy aswell.

Blood sucking goverment.

Comment

can there be another fuel blend that is possible to run a surf on eg heating oil or parrafin asthats cheap to buy aswell.

Blood sucking goverment.
            Not legally!!!!! Kerosene works though. But if you go that route then just use red! I never have and never will use restricted fuels and suggest the penalties are far too severe.
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
            X