surf purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf purchase

today i bought a 3 ltr turbo diesel intercooler surf, what a cracking motor, i never thought i would ever buy a diesel but this one is an eye opener its quick off the mark for such a large vehicle obviously no top end as its geared so low but gets to 90 plus quite quickly in two wheel drive, so as they say ,i am well pleased

congadulations on your purchase but wheres the pictures
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

haven't taken any yet been to busy driving it , didn't even take out the soarer today, so it must have impressed me.even if i take pictures i probably wouldn't be able to post them

Comment

Hi, Welcome to the forum. I take it it`s a 3rd gen. surf?
        Are Toyota Soarer`s anything like Cressida`s? What engine in it and how slow is the surf compared
        cheers,
        chris
        Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Here's a soarer

They come in 2.5 twin turbo, 3.0 V6 and 4.0 litre V8 versions
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
            Here's a soarer

They come in 2.5 twin turbo, 3.0 V6 and 4.0 litre V8 versions

So do Surfs now!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              So do Surfs now!
              [Looks for A 2.5 twin turbo surf !!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Is your beast now fully complete ???

About time we had pictures of your fine efforts

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                [Looks for A 2.5 twin turbo surf !!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Is your beast now fully complete ???

About time we had pictures of your fine efforts

Trev

The engine is in, but I haven't been in the workshop much, been on standby as baby is imminent!

Also been playing with new car..........

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  The engine is in, but I haven't been in the workshop much, been on standby as baby is imminent!

Also been playing with new car..........

In which case we will settle for pictures of your fine efforts for both the new arrival and the surf - ie BOTH your babies !

Trev

ps make use of the chance for a kip (and spending money) while you got the chance

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
                    Hi, Welcome to the forum. I take it it`s a 3rd gen. surf?
                    Are Toyota Soarer`s anything like Cressida`s? What engine in it and how slow is the surf compared
                    cheers,
                    chris
                    i drive the V8 4ltr version which will hit 60 in a shade under 7 secs which is quite quick enough for me i have had it up to mach 2 but ran out of road so couldn't really push it to the limit, asfar as a comparison to the surf they are two totaly different types of motor so a bit unfair however i will say that the soarer is a heavy car (the ltd version - 1,623.05 kg) i don't know how heavy my surf is but it feels quicker from stand still but slower to 60, both being auto's i find they will beat most manuals from the lights especialy in the power mode (most manual g/b drivers change gear too early and thereby lose time). one thing to bear in mind i didn't buy the surf to race just to lug my tools around in but i do like a bit of power under my right foot.

Comment

[/quote]
                      Niiiiiiiiiiiiice
                      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

[QUOTE=soramad]i drive the V8 4ltr version which will hit 60 in a shade under 7 secs which is quite quick enough for me i have had it up to mach 2 but ran out of road so couldn't really push it to the limit......................... .............................. ....QUOTE]

Hell yeah!

I had a play in my Lexus LS400 before I removed the engine, the bluddy thing didn't stop accelerating when I floored it on the dual carriageway, awesome power. I left a couple of number 11s on the road a couple of times too!

Comment

well now, after 3 weeks of surf ownership ,the battery on the soarer has gone flat through lack of use, i can't get over how nice the surf is to drive and one can throw it around almost as easily as the soarer, plenty of low down grunt but do miss the top end speed sometimes, but i have to try and remember its not a sports coupe, i must get rid of the carina which is standing where the surf should be on the drive which would allow me to get the soarer out more easily and then perhaps i would get round to driving it, or would i hmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by soramad
                            well now, after 3 weeks of surf ownership ,the battery on the soarer has gone flat through lack of use, i can't get over how nice the surf is to drive and one can throw it around almost as easily as the soarer, plenty of low down grunt but do miss the top end speed sometimes, but i have to try and remember its not a sports coupe, i must get rid of the carina which is standing where the surf should be on the drive which would allow me to get the soarer out more easily and then perhaps i would get round to driving it, or would i hmmmmm.
                            And now the $64,000 question - can you run the Carina or Soarer on veg oil ?

Have you noticed how your driving style leans towards the lazier style of a diesel auto yet ?

Comment

Working...
                            X