Vibrating engine - poss low idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibrating engine - poss low idle

Just finished at the Pingwood mud fest and found that when in reverse or neutral there is a bad vibration coming from the engine. Get the revs up 100-200 rpm and its stops. Me thinks it idling too low, but since cleaning all mud off and getting the immobiliser working again (full of water! Opps!) the idle thing is still a prob.

Questions

1) What should a 3.0ltr '94 1KZ-TE idle at ?
    2) How do you adjust the idle speed ?
    3) Why did it change in the first place ?

I am worried that I broken some sort of sensor and thats whats causing the low idle. Drove home from Pingwood no probs (40 miles) and no normal running probs today just the idle thing. I did get the beast stuck in the middle and towed off. Don't supposed I'm looking at a more serious prob ? Lose drive train type of thing ?

Help please! Won't allowed out to play again if this costs too much cash!!!

Cheers
    Mart

......surf's up pal!

Originally posted by Mart
    Just finished at the Pingwood mud fest and found that when in reverse or neutral there is a bad vibration coming from the engine. Get the revs up 100-200 rpm and its stops. Me thinks it idling too low, but since cleaning all mud off and getting the immobiliser working again (full of water! Opps!) the idle thing is still a prob.

Questions

1) What should a 3.0ltr '94 1KZ-TE idle at ?
    2) How do you adjust the idle speed ?
    3) Why did it change in the first place ?

I am worried that I broken some sort of sensor and thats whats causing the low idle. Drove home from Pingwood no probs (40 miles) and no normal running probs today just the idle thing. I did get the beast stuck in the middle and towed off. Don't supposed I'm looking at a more serious prob ? Lose drive train type of thing ?

Help please! Won't allowed out to play again if this costs too much cash!!!

Cheers
    Check for mud stuck in various places like - air filter housing and the inlet hose at the front, mud and bits stuck on any rotating bits like the fan, alternator, power steering pump.

It is most likely to be mud stuck somewhere. I remember that someone else had this same problem and I can't remember what the answer was.

Jet wash the engine bay and underneath the front. You may find that this will help.

Cheers

Comment

the prob seems to have gone now. I think it may have been a wet sensor or mud stuck as suggested. I did jetwash the engine bay alot yesterday so it could well be either.

thanks for the help anyway.

cheers
      Mart

......surf's up pal!

Comment

Working...
      X