Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black smoke and moisture

Hi
    Just fitted a new exhaust system on my Prado 3.0 ltr turbo diesel ,system was middle and back muffler from Milners .
    When i start it up first time in a morning it seams to blow some black smoke out which is slightly damp leaving speckles on my garage doors.
    The smoke only appears on start up and if you reved throttle excessively,ok when running normally
    Checked water levels all ok
    Checked oil levels all ok
    There does not appear to be any problem with performance etc and fuel usage is abouit the same.
    I was wandering if i was getting any moisture in the diesel but would that not effect the performance ?
    It has only done 76000 miles

Nothing to worry about, it's just condensation in the exhaust mixed with soot from the burnt diesel. It forms over night as the engine and outside temperatures cool.

Comment

black smoke

Hi
      Thanks for the information ,I wonder why I did not get the same with my toyota exhaust ,the Milner one comes with a back muffler whilst the original was a straight through pipe so maybe the moisture is collecting in the muffler,still if that is all it is i am quite happy
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X