• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's one of these?

Hi guys!
    have a look here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HI-LUX-...QQcmdZViewItem

What engine is that? V6 petrol? Do I want it? Many thanks... oh, yeah, still looking!
    Last edited by Surf-wannabe; 23 October 2007, 10:31.

Originally posted by Surf-wannabe
    Hi guys!
    have a look here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HI-LUX-...QQcmdZViewItem

What engine is that? V6 petrol? Do I want it? Many thanks... oh, yeah, still looking!
    Yes V6, and if your worried about economy in any way at all, dont go for it cos theyll let you know what bad mpg means.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Yeah, gottcha! Economy is important, so no-no! Moving on!

Comment

Yeah, gottcha! Economy is important, so no-no! Moving on!
        This member is sellin his truck its the 3.0litre diesel the best engine and he wants £2200
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37351
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

heres a cheap cracker

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...r=&max_mileage=
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

this ones nice too
            http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...r=&max_mileage=
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Something doesn't add up about that truck. It's a 2nd gen, but claimed to be 96 - they stopped making them after 95. It's an SSRG, but it doesn't have the rear-mounted spare or the recaro interior - both of which seem to have been standard on earlier SSRGs. But it does have some extra bits that I've not seen before - like heated seats. Not saying it's in any way dodgy, just seems odd.

For £1200 or so, plus around £1500 for an LPG conversion however, someone would have a very nice Surf.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                Some artistic license with the description on that one. It's not a top-of-the-range model, and I've never heard of a 2nd gen with traction control nor a 6 mode 4wd. Still very cheap though.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                  Something doesn't add up about that truck. It's a 2nd gen, but claimed to be 96 - they stopped making them after 95. It's an SSRG, but it doesn't have the rear-mounted spare or the recaro interior - both of which seem to have been standard on earlier SSRGs. But it does have some extra bits that I've not seen before - like heated seats. Not saying it's in any way dodgy, just seems odd.

For £1200 or so, plus around £1500 for an LPG conversion however, someone would have a very nice Surf.
                  Oh yeah, maybe a bit dodgy i think, stay a\way from the v6, its info is irregular.
                  Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Some artistic license with the description on that one. It's not a top-of-the-range model, and I've never heard of a 2nd gen with traction control nor a 6 mode 4wd. Still very cheap though.
                    Full of patter eh?
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

you can still get some very late 2nd gens with an N plate, seen a few round where I live
                      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
                        you can still get some very late 2nd gens with an N plate, seen a few round where I live
                        Indeed you can, I in fact own one. But it's still a '95. The 3rd gens were introduced in 95 IIRC. It's possible that a 2nd gen was sat on a lot for a few months, and not fully registered until 96, but that would make it one of the last few ever sold.
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Thanks you all... as usual, very helpful replies. I'm after, if at all, a 3L vehicle with no sag (oh, yeah, learnt to recognise it from members' advice) - i.e if I buy one, I don't want to have to fix things on it.
                          If my main vehicle, then I'll go up to £3500 tops. But I'm also considering other cars as life circumstances are pretty peculiar at the moment.

Comment

Thanks you all... as usual, very helpful replies. I'm after, if at all, a 3L vehicle with no sag (oh, yeah, learnt to recognise it from members' advice) - i.e if I buy one, I don't want to have to fix things on it.
                            If my main vehicle, then I'll go up to £3500 tops. But I'm also considering other cars as life circumstances are pretty peculiar at the moment.
                            Sagg is a vetry small problem, £70 will fix it and about an hour to do.
                            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                            X