3rd gen - 18,5 to 20mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by internetsurfer
    mmmm ???? you sound like a secret agent with this delivery . Are you grey squirrel ?????
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Someone say grey squirrel ?
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Surf Fuel Consumption

I have only had my Surf for a couple of weeks after owning a 4.2 Landcruiser for 17 years, (I had it from new) and only passed it on to my son last week.
        I get 10Km per Litre which works out to approx 28-ish MPG which I think is good.
        I normally run at 60 ish MPH and have the Air Con always on.
        I drive 20 miles to work mainl in the country with one small town en-route.
        I will be towing my twin axle caravan soon, after I come back from my hols in Turkey, without the Surf as they will not let me carry it on the plane.

Comment

Gen 3 96 with intercooler 110,000k 33psi in the tyres.

625k used 60.40 ltrs. Pulling a Yamaha fx160 jet ski. Ave 60-65 (Apart from road works) on the M2 M25 M1 with about 40 miles on local roads.

If my maths is right that is about 34mpg. I have made the same run 6 times this summer and the milage (kilometers) before filling up has always been about 610k to 650k
          Women Drive Prado's. Men Drive Surf's. Everything else just gets in the way.

Comment

mines always in and around 30 mpg
            when driving miss daisey its around 34 mpg when diving like i stole it low 20's my old 2 gen used to be 16 mpg to 21 mpg at its very best
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Hi - I get about 28-29 mpg out of my 3rd gen 3.0 litre driving tidy IMO, however when my misses drives it she manages about 33 mpg, I tell her its cos she's lighter and it has nothing to do with my driving lol. I was very surprised to find that I managed 25 mpg whilst towing a kit car (steady 50-60 mph). I find that a dose of treatment in the tank does the world of good and especially when you change the diesel filter wack some injector cleaner into the new filter. Let us know how u get on, and if anything remedies your problem. Cheers , Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer View Post
                didnt a gen 3 owner on here say they were getting 35 mpg . not sure if even toyota got 35 mpg when they built the gen 3.

a 2003 on land cruiser 3.0 D-4D LC4 5d (6 Speed) only returns 31 mpg
                mmmm.

A bit more than that.

I can easily get 31mpg on the M/way.

I am sure if I kept to perhaps 65mph, I would be up around 34mpg.

They really are that good.
                Last edited by uk_vette; 11 March 2008, 18:48.

Comment

Working...
                X