yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

:help: im an ignorant american! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :help: im an ignorant american! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Ok i watch bbc and just saw a rerun of the top gear of the torture test of the old hilux. and my jaw fell through my lap. I want no..NEED a hilux i have had a tacoma(american excuse for hilux) and thought it was grand but... i have been bitten by the bug now and lust for the unstopppable machine. please give me information on dealerships or buddies selling their trucks. what you think it will take to get this across through customs any information on buying tips or genral info would be Profoundly appreciated.

also

would you reccomend getting a wrecked one as well as the truck for parts or just buy parts as i need to fix them.

I believe some 2.4s are now being imported into the US, and there's a guy out there who is putting the 3.0 litre engine (1KZ-TE) into 4runners which is an even better bet for you.

I am sure that someone here will find the article about the latter soon, if not I will try tonight.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Unless you particularly need the pick-up, or a diesel, then you might as well get a US spec 4Runner. There are plenty of them around, so finding one won't be hard.

Other than that, you'll probably need to speak to an importer in order to get a diesel Surf/Hilux.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Try contacting www.dieseltoyz.com - they do conversions for 4runners etc
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Or get one of these from South Africa - 3.0 kz-te already installed from the factory plant (in South Aftrica).

I miss home.....

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/N...557978,00.html

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/G...,,1081,00.html
          ash-ssrg

Comment

Hey Marco,

As said just get an old 1st Gen 4Runner - under the skin most old toys are the same - just different body styles and engines.

get onto www.yotatech.com
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

well..

well i want the dieseled truck because
              A. all my friends have trucks and love to do mud bogs here in texas. and the suv body just wouldnt mix in.
              B. my grandparents have logging going on so i could have a hilux registered as a work/farm truck therefore omitting it from some emissions standards as well as tax break
              besides it just looks like a ruff and tumble vehicle as the truck.

if anyone know people who have personally exported one to the u.s. or know of the business doing so could you post a direct link. i am realllly bad with computers.

thanks for all help.

cheers

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can get Hiluxs in Mexico and most central/south american countries. Try getting on from there, at least the steering wheel will be on the right side for you!

Comment

I know I may be reprimanded for this, but have you looked into a 1.9 TDI swap? The kits I have seen are for suzukis, but they use toyota trannies, and I think that it would be easier to come by, and repair a USDM engine than a JDM engine no longer in production(I think).

Comment

tanky

well if its a hybrid swap or a rare one id be afraid of finding parts... if it ever broke. i may go ahead and look into the ones in mexico as stated above. i live a few hours from the border so picking one up would be a snap.

thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X