primer plunger sticking down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• primer plunger sticking down

if i drive for a while at 3000rpm or over the fuel filter plunger is sucking itself down for some reason. WHAT causes this to happen ??

am i using more fuel than is being delivered . filter is new , clean derv no svo , flushed out also with redex 2 days ago.

ANY IDEAS ANYONE.

Originally posted by internetsurfer
    if i drive for a while at 3000rpm or over the fuel filter plunger is sucking itself down for some reason. WHAT causes this to happen ??

am i using more fuel than is being delivered . filter is new , clean derv no svo , flushed out also with redex 2 days ago.

ANY IDEAS ANYONE.
    Silly question time !!

Could your breather for the fuel filler be blocked ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

she runs fine all day if i stick to 56 - 60 mph , tonight i noticed the plunger head was stuck down when she broke down AGAIN !!!!

Its becomming a nightmare

is that the small filter near the fuel tank , bud ???

Comment

she runs fine all day if i stick to 56 - 60 mph , tonight i noticed the plunger head was stuck down when she broke down AGAIN !!!!

Its becomming a nightmare

is that the small filter near the fuel tank , bud ???
        This will help

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

drained the tank today , what i seem to see are small bits of what seems to be fat from wvo . it melts under heat of a flame , pics when i sort my pc out.

Comment

drained the tank today , what i seem to see are small bits of what seems to be fat from wvo . it melts under heat of a flame , pics when i sort my pc out.
            These could be sucked onto the pick up gauze in tank causing the fuel blockage.
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

here is the $$$$ im getting in my tank , looks and feels like fat from wvo , god only knows how much is in the tank until i drop the tank and wash it out properly. Anyone else using wvo may face similar problems .

Comment

Took off the tank and cleaned it out , full of fat flakes from 3 times filtered wvo . fuel intake was sucking it onto its filter mesh and starving surf of fuel. all sorted now surf runs at 80 mph all day long on derv/svo mix with no fuel cut off. thank ffft .

Comment

Looks like the wvo you were using was used for frying meat products.

Comment

Aye it does, i threw the lot out at the waste pound the other day , orrible stinky stuff anyways

Comment

Working...
                    X